REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) allows users to build and manage online surveys* and databases quickly and securely. REDCap is:
- Secure and web-based - Input data or build an online survey from anywhere in the world over a secure web connection with authentication and data logging.
- Fast - Conception to production-level database or survey in less than one day.
- Easily accessible by users at different sites – CTSA REDCap databases/surveys can be accessed by users from any of the CTSA institutions.
- Flexible offering multiple data export options - Exports raw data and syntax files for SAS, Stata, R, and SPSS.
- Fully customizable - You are in total control of shaping your database or survey.
- Advanced features - Mid-project modifications, auto-validation, branching logic, notifications and calculated fields.
The REDCap Consortium is composed of over 1,400 active institutional partners, including nearly all CTSA institutions and affiliated partners. Partner institutions host REDCap on local servers to support operational projects as well as medical research studies. For more information on the REDCap Consortium click here. C4 has created and will maintain a special instance of REDCap dedicated solely to supporting CTSA Consortium-related projects.
Please make sure you use the correct instance of REDCap – local version for your research projects and C4 version for CTSA Consortium-related projects. If you are unsure please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.
To Cite: Support for the work described in this publication was provided by UL54TR000123, an award from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The information and views included are those of the author(s) and do not reflect official policy of the NIH or the United States Government.
Access to C4 REDCap
Any member of the five Domain Task Forces or associated workgroups can request a REDCap project to support the group’s efforts by clicking on the Request a New Project tab above.
Need help with REDCap?
Contact a REDCap Administrator.