Strategic Goal Committee 2 - Training and Career Development of Clinical/Translational Scientists
As part of efforts by the new NCATS CTSA Steering Committee to emphasize focused project activity and streamline the consortium, the CTSA committees were closed effective February 17, 2014. All information related to those committees and their operations has been archived on the respective committee pages. Please direct any committee-related inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the committee is to develop a national coordinated approach to recruit, educate, train and promote the development of clinical and translational investigators conducting research to improve human health.
Core competencies for Clinical and Translational Research
There are no committee announcements at this time.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide open access to training resources across the CTSA Consortium. Core competencies and curricula will be mapped and posted to a portal that will also allow educational material created by CTSAs and their CDC, NIH Clinical Center and other partners to be downloaded.
- Establish a core curriculum that will address the needs of clinical and translational investigation that is aligned with core competencies developed for clinical and translational scientists.
- Implement a mentor training program across the consortium sharing best practices.
- Ensure that institutions recognize clinical and translational investigation is a valuable enterprise with unique metrics & criteria for success and promotion
The Strategic Goal Committee 2 meets on a quarterly basis, on the 4th Tuesday 4 p.m.- 5 p.m. EDT, via web conference.
- Learn Learn about the CTSA Consortium
- View View the scientific portfolio of the CTSA Consortium
- Find Find resources, tools, collaborators, and best practices
- Participate Participate in committees, events, training, and collaborations
- Plan Plan to leverage CTSA resources for multi-center studies